Featured Developer Center
Blockchain Developer Center
Explore, develop, and deploy blockchain solutions for business with free tools and tutorials, plus code and community support
What is Blockchain?
Blockchain is a distributed, immutable ledger for recording the history of transactions in a peer-to-peer network. It fosters a new generation of transactional applications that establish trust, accountability, and transparency—from contracts to deeds to payments.
Visit the Blockchain developer center @ developer.ibm.com/blockchain
Stay current on blockchain technology! Sign up for our developerWorks Blockchain newsletter!
Our developerWorks team is adding new developer centers regularly on all up-and-coming technologies and topics so please come back often and check what is new!
Visit the IBM developerWorks developer centers @ developer.ibm.com/connect
Latest Articles & Tutorials
- Configure SoftLayer components for use with Account Defined Network
- Why the perfect lambda expression is just one line
- Explore the OpenStack REST APIs for PowerVC
- IBM Blockchain 101: Quick-start guide for developers
- Write web applications for the Blueworks Live REST API with Node.js on Bluemix
- OpenPOWER GPU-enabled architecture performance enhancement using the Engineering and Scientific Subroutine Library (ESSL) drop-in acceleration
- A roadmap for LPIC-1
- Configure an IPsec environment using the Kerberos authentication mechanism
- Add language translation to your apps with IBM Watson
- Using a graphical interface on SoftLayer servers
- Use a custom Go buildpack with IBM Bluemix
- Build a hotel booking application using the Business Rules service in Bluemix
- Refactoring to microservices, Part 1: What to consider when migrating from a monolith
- What is IBM Bluemix? IBM's Open Cloud Architecture implementation based on the Cloud Foundry project
- Implement continuous delivery using IBM UrbanCode Deploy
- Build a real-time chat app with Node-RED in 5 minutes
- Write a Clojure web app on Bluemix
- Configure MongoDB servers for backup scripts
- Build a practical IoT app, an air quality monitor
- Setting up a PureApplication Software workload environment
Latest Cloud Architectures
New IBM Cloud Architectures
Browse our architectures and experiment with our sample codes and demos to find the best fit for your cloud apps.
Latest Blog Posts
Deep Learning Fast
July developerWorks newsletters round-up: Summer news!
Summer isn't the same without the IBM Technology Camp for Girls
Diving deeper into IoT development
Monitoring Bluemix usage and spending
Automate preseed interface selection for Ubuntu deployments
The Cognos Analytics 11.0 resource guide
Bluemix and Watson - Getting started right
Benefits of Using Node-RED
What's old is new: Up-and-coming developers look to the mainframe to secure their apps
Check the latest videos from developerWorks TV:
Key concepts to enhance your microservices toolchain
Prototype APIs quickly with LoopBack
Analytics for file and object data in place
Learn how to revoke JSON Web Tokens
Moving zscore-based anomaly detector on the IoT Edge using NodeRED
developerWorks Live Webcasts:
Write unit tests using the JUnit Jupiter API
Use data science to up your game performance
What makes an athlete great?
Run unit tests, write extentions using the JUnit Jupiter API
Java News & Code:
Discovering Data Science with Romeo Kienzler:
Detect anomalies using moving z-score on the IoT edge using Node-RED
The New Builders:
Episode 37: The FaaS and the Furious - Serverless Architecture with Apache OpenWhisk
This Week on developerWorks:
developerWorks newsblast: Unchain the frame hackathon
Recently published courses
Check out all available courseware at developerWorks Courses, your go-to place to build skills and acquire learning.
NEW! Cloud application developer certification preparation (Part 3)
In Part 3 of the “Cloud application developer certification preparation” course, learn how Bluemix supports DevOps for your applications by using Continuous Delivery toolchains. Learn about practices and tools to support application development, deployment, testing, and management for the Cloud, which allows you to apply agile processes in the development of applications and to provide solutions that are reliable and scalable.
NEW! Streaming analytics basics for Python developers
Streams Processing Language (SPL) has traditionally been used for Streams development. However, with the introduction of the Python Application API, you can create streaming applications by using the Python language without first having to learn SPL. In this course, get an introduction to the IBM Streams Python Application API.
IBM Systems Technical Symposium 2017
August 15-17, Melbourne, AU
Evening of Python Coding
August 16, Austin, TX
Business Value of Blockchain: A starting point for making blockchain real for business
August 17, Virtual
DevConnect Lite Roadshow - Delhi
August 18, Delhi, IN
Cloud Journey Tech Talks: Microservices, Kubernetes and Istio - A great fit!
August 23, Virtual
Unit testing with the JUnit Jupiter API
August 23, Virtual
Denver Artificial Intelligence Meetup
August 23, Denver, CO
Gaming the Gamer: Using Data Science to Up Your Game
August 24, Virtual