Featured Developer Center
Deep Learning and PowerAI Development
Develop the next generation of applications
Bring more value to your organization’s data by developing with an entirely new approach to problems: deep learning, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Unlock hidden potential and patterns in data organically — without you having to know the patterns, networks, or be an algorithmic expert. IBM is making deep learning easier and more high-performing for you with an enterprise software distribution of the most popular open-frameworks, all in PowerAI.
- What is Deep Learning - Deep Learning allows you to crunch through millions of pieces of data and automatically detects the most important aspects from the data—without user intervention. It is quickly being adopted by enterprises for tasks ranging from financial fraud detection to text analytics.
- Why Deep Learning on Power Systems - Deep learning developers have a better experience on Power Systems due to superior time to deployment, performance, and validation/support.
- What is Power AI - PowerAI is an enterprise software distribution of popular open-source deep learning frameworks. It includes so much and removes the time, effort, and difficulty associated with getting a deep learning environment operational and performing optimally.
As a developer, PowerAI allows you to go back to doing what you do best: developing.
Visit the IBM developerWorks Deep Learning and PowerAI Development developer center @ developer.ibm.com/linuxonpower/deep-learning-powerai/
Our developerWorks' team is adding new developer centers regularly on all up-and-coming technologies and topics so please come back often and check up what is new!
Visit the IBM developerWorks developer centers @ ibm.com/developerworks/connect
Latest Articles & Tutorials
- Tutorial: Bring WebSphere Liberty and the cloud to your z/OS system
- Transaction basics and distributed transactions
- Securing IoT devices and gateways
- Digital Business Start trial offering for IBM Power Enterprise Systems using EnterpriseDB (EDB) Postgres Advanced Server
- Protect your apps from cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks
- Write Java applications with the Blueworks Live REST API
- Preserving redundant VIOS configuration on production site with IBM Geographically Dispersed Resiliency solution
- Create a security-based machine-learning front end
- Use the Node.js event loop effectively
- Explore the news and gather insights using Watson Discovery
- IBM Blockchain 101: Quick-start guide for developers
- Implementing server-side caching of storage data in an IBM PowerHA cluster environment
- Best practices and basic evaluation benchmarks: IBM Power System S822LC for high-performance computing (HPC)
- Unit-testing your Blockchain chaincode in Go for Hyperledger Fabric v0.6
- Function composition and the Collection Pipeline pattern
Latest Cloud Architectures
New IBM Cloud Architectures
Browse our architectures and experiment with our sample codes and demos to find the best fit for your cloud apps.
We offer sample architectures for the following: Cognitive, Microservices, Data & Analytics, DevOps, Hybrid, Internet of Things, Mobile, Security, Service Management, Blockchain (experimental), Social, Virtualization, e-commerce, and Web application.
Latest Blog Posts
The top five reasons you should be using JUnit 5 right now!
Getting Bluemix information for support and automation
Evangelizing better API development practices - OSCON 2017
IBM announces methods for building apps with open microservices
IBM's commitment to open source and OSCON in Austin, TX - 5/8 to 5/11
Behind the Code: Watson at The Masters
A billion people a day. Millions of elevators. No room for downtime.
Machine learning is fundamental for building cognitive IoT apps
Gender diversity in STEM fields
The intersection of artificial intelligence and play
Check the latest videos from developerWorks TV:
Live coding event: Build an SMS-based Magic 8 Ball App with Node-RED
Track, monitor, and optimize middleware servers with IBM Cloud Product Insights
Build a web BFF using the Bluemix Developer Console
Build a web app using the Bluemix CLI Developer plug-in
Getting Started with Hyperledger (Blockchain) in the Cloud
Sherlock, a Watson cognitive computing use case
Devoxx US 2017:
Models to build the best microservices for Java
Watson and the cognitive developer team up
Create high performance runtimes with Eclipse OMR
How cognitive will change the way we build apps and use data
How to be serverless and Swift
Java News & Code:
JUnit 5, Tomcat and Open Source Sites
Data science and Watson slash building energy costs
Dive deep into Watson neural networks
This Week on developerWorks:
developerWorks newsblast: Secure your data attack surfaces
developerWorks newsblast: A brave new security world
You can now sign up to receive email notifications for new episodes of your favorite dW TV shows. Visit the dW TV subscription center to sign up.
Recently published courses
Check out all currently available courseware at developerWorks Courses, your go-to place to build skills and acquire learning.
New Course: Chatbots and Watson: Let’s talk about national parks
With the IBM® Watson™ Conversation service, you can create an application that understands natural-language input and uses machine learning to respond to users in a way that simulates a conversation between humans.
In this course, build a chatbot that simulates a simple conversation about national parks. To do this, you will use the Watson Conversation service, the Weather Company Data service, IBM Bluemix, and Node.js.
FinTech Week NYC
April 24-28, New York, NY
The Great India Developer Summit - 2017
April 25-28, Bangalore, IN
IBM Bluemix - Watson Visual Recognition
April 26, Virtual
dW Open Tech Talk: Accessibility
April 26, Virtual
Red Hat Summit 2017
May 2-4, Boston, MA
Build an SMS Magic 8 Ball app using Node-RED & Twilio
May 4, Virtual
developerWorks Premium event: OpenStack Summit
May 8-11, Boston, MA
developerWorks Premium event: OSCON
May 8-11, Austin, TX
developerWorks Premium event: Strata Data Conference
May 22-25, London, UK